1/1 Photo of Chipotle Chicken Rolls With Avocado Dipping Sauce
Chef #249052's Note:
This is a Rachel Ray recipe from her 365 - No Repeats cookbook. This is a yummy easy dinner, that looks harder than it is to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 lbs ground chicken breast
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, then chopped
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, defrosted
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 avocado
- 3 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- 2Combine the ground chicken, scallions, cheese, garlic, and chipotles and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Transfer the mixture to a sealable plastic bag. Turn the bag into a homemade pastry bag by trimming 1 1/2 inches off one of the bottom corners of the bag.
- 4Arrange phyllo dough with the long side closest to you on your kitchen counter, brush liberally with the melted margarine, season with salt and pepper. Place another sheet of phyllo on top, brush with margarine again, and season with salt and pepper. Repeat with third sheet of phyllo.
- 5Place the trimmed end of the pastry bag 1/2 inch in from the left side and 1/2 inch up from the bottom of the phyllo sheet. Squeeze half the chicken mixture from the bag while moving along in a straight line from left to right. Roll the front edge of the phyllo sheet away from you, ensasing the chicken mixture. Continue until you have completed a long roll. Tuck the ends in and then brush the entire outside of the phyllo log with more melted butter. Transfer the first log to a rimmed cookie sheet, putting the seam side down. Repeat this process to make the second log with the remaining half of the chicken mixture. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the logs feel firm to the touch.
- 6While the phyllo-wrapped chicken is in the oven, cut the avacado in half and remove skin and seed. Place in a food processor and combine with lime juice, cilantro, course salt, and about 3 tablespoons of water. Process until the avacaodo mixture is smooth, then stream the Olive Oil into the dressing. Season to taste.
- 7Once the rolls are cooked, remove from oven and let them cool just enough to handle. Cut each roll in half, then cut each half into 3 equal pieces. Serve 3 chicken rolls per person. With a small ramekin of the dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Rolls With Avocado Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.7
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 1074.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese
chipotle chiles in adobo