4 hrs 20 mins
Using the basic components, you can build your rice bowl to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 recipe chipotle chicken (recipe follows)
- 1 recipe cilantro-lime basmati rice (recipe follows)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed, heated and seasoned with salt & pepper
Chipotle Chicken Marinade
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder or 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced (to taste)
Toppings Of Choice
- 1For the Marinade and Chicken: Add all marinade ingredients together, except chicken, to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- 2Rub the marinade into the chicken and marinate at least one hour, up to 4 hours. Season the chicken with salt to taste. Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Slice into strips.
- 3For the Basmati Rice: In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- 4Add water and salt; bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; fluff rice with a fork.
- 5To Assemble: Spoon the rice into each bowl, followed by the beans, then the grilled chicken strips. Top with your choice garnishes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Rice Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.8
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.5 mg
- Sodium 246.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 56.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: