1/1 Photo of Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
Found in Organic Style magazine. Sounds yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, plus 2 tsp of the sauce
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 2 cups queso blanco or 2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and serrano chile; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir-fry 1 minute. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl and wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- 2Chope chipotle chile; place in a small bowl with adobo sauce and mash with fork. Add to onion mixture in bowl; add chicken and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Place a tortilla on a cutting board and spread with 1 cup chicken mixture. Top with 1/2 cup cheese and another tortilla. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 4With paper towel, lightly oil skillet and place over medium-high heat until it is very hot but not smoking. Cook quesadillas one at a time, turning over once, until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes total.
- 5Transfer with spatula to cutting board; cover with aluminum to keep warm. Cut the quesadillas into quarters - serve with your choice of accompaniments (source cream, salsa, etc).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1171.4
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 142.1 mg
- Sodium 1846.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 63.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo