Recipe by jovigirl
Found in Organic Style magazine. Sounds yummy!
Top Review by *Pixie*
Delicious! I was looking for something Mexican tonight and found these and I'm glad I did. We really enjoyed them. Next time I'll probably try another reviewers method of folding the tortillas instead of layering since I'm not very good at flipping them. The combo of flavours was great, thanks for posting.
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, plus 2 tsp of the sauce
- 3 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 2 cups queso blanco or 2 cups crumbled goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and serrano chile; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir-fry 1 minute. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl and wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Chope chipotle chile; place in a small bowl with adobo sauce and mash with fork. Add to onion mixture in bowl; add chicken and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board and spread with 1 cup chicken mixture. Top with 1/2 cup cheese and another tortilla. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- With paper towel, lightly oil skillet and place over medium-high heat until it is very hot but not smoking. Cook quesadillas one at a time, turning over once, until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes total.
- Transfer with spatula to cutting board; cover with aluminum to keep warm. Cut the quesadillas into quarters - serve with your choice of accompaniments (source cream, salsa, etc).