Found in Organic Style magazine. Sounds yummy!
Make and share this Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, plus 2 tsp of the sauce
- 3 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 2 cups queso blanco or 2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and serrano chile; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir-fry 1 minute. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Transfer to a medium bowl and wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Chope chipotle chile; place in a small bowl with adobo sauce and mash with fork. Add to onion mixture in bowl; add chicken and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board and spread with 1 cup chicken mixture. Top with 1/2 cup cheese and another tortilla. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- With paper towel, lightly oil skillet and place over medium-high heat until it is very hot but not smoking. Cook quesadillas one at a time, turning over once, until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes total.
- Transfer with spatula to cutting board; cover with aluminum to keep warm. Cut the quesadillas into quarters - serve with your choice of accompaniments (source cream, salsa, etc).