Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Something like Armadillo Grill's. Spicy!
Make and share this Chipotle Chicken Penne Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cooked penne pasta or 8 ounces pasta, of choice
- 2 large marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (marinade recipe below)
- 1⁄2 sliced onion, thin
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 2 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 4)
- 1 ounce Cotija cheese (can sub parmesan)
- 4 fresh cilantro stems
Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cupls heavy cream (12 ounces)
- 2 1⁄4 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chile
- Mix together all marinade ingredients and add to cubed chicken. Allow the chicken pieces to marinate up to 24 hours.
- Prepare the chipotle cream sauce by combining ingredients; set aside.
- Drain marinade from chicken. In a hot saute pan with a little melted butter; add the chicken and onions. Cook until half done. Add the diced green chiles, mushrooms and Chipotle Cream Sauce. Bring to a simmer and let cook for another minute. Add the pasta; toss until well mixed. Pour into a warm pasta bowl. Garnish with crumbled cotija cheese and cilantro sprigs.