1/1 Photo of Chipotle Chicken Mac and Cheese With Bacon Bread Crumbs #RSC
1 hr 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. It has a great ranch taste with a kick of spice and smokiness from the chipotle peppers. The bacon bread crumbs add a unique taste and crunch to the whole recipe that makes it wonderfully delicious. It will be an instant favorite for your whole family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 chipotle peppers, minced with
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning, plus
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning, for sauce (add more peppers and adobo if desired for more heat)
- 3 ounces butter
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 16 ounces half-and-half
- 8 ounces Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 9 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (kerrygold dubbliner)
- 1 lb macaroni, cooked
- kosher salt
- 3 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven 350.
- 2Melt the butter in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions and sweat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat for 1 minute or until the onions are translucent. Using a wooden spoon stir in the flour until fully incorporated. Slowly add the chicken stock, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to almost low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3While the mixture is simmering heat a sauté pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat until it is almost smoking. Add chicken, season with salt and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through. Add chipotle peppers with 2 tbsp adobo and toss to coat. Toss the chicken with the cooked macaroni and put in a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- 4To finish the cheese sauce bring half and half to a gentle simmer and slowly mix in to roux. Add the ranch, cheddar, and 2 tbsp adobo and mix to combine. Season with salt to taste. Add cheese sauce to the baking dish and mix to combine with macaroni and chicken. Sprinkle with bacon bread crumbs and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. (If desired after baking use the broiler to achieve a more brown and crisp top).
- 5For bacon bread crumbs cook bacon till crispy, allow to cool, and then finely mince. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and toss to mix. Bacon bread crumbs can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Mac and Cheese With Bacon Bread Crumbs #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.4
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 762.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: