Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
adapted from bevcooks.com.
Make and share this Chipotle Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Paleo) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 2 -3 chipotle peppers (depending on your love of heat)
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (the chipotles come packed in it)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (or yellow or orange)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 head butter or 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed and leaves separated
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the 2 Tbs. oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear for 6 minutes on each side until cooked through and browned all over. Move to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes. Then dice the chicken.
- Transfer bell peppers to pan and cook until they just begin to soften, about 3 minutes Remove from pan.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, lime juice, chipotle peppers and the adobo sauce. Process until smooth.
- Add the chicken back and peppers to the pan, along with the chipotle sauce. Toss until combined.
- Serve a couple of Tbs. (or more if you’re a freak like me) of the chicken mixture in each lettuce cup and garnish with scallions and avocado!
We started eating paleo two weeks ago, and this is the best entree yet! Recommend for anyone who likes spicy.
This recipe was super simple, quick and easy to make. Spicy + Lime = Heaven for my family. I am vegetarian so I actually substituted tofu for the chicken; worked out great. Super yummy and flavorful.
Delicious! They are very spicy, next time I will use only one chipotle pepper. I loved them, but they were too spicy for my kids.