- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 2 -3 chipotle peppers (depending on your love of heat)
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (the chipotles come packed in it)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (or yellow or orange)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 head butter or 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed and leaves separated
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the 2 Tbs. oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear for 6 minutes on each side until cooked through and browned all over. Move to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes. Then dice the chicken.
- Transfer bell peppers to pan and cook until they just begin to soften, about 3 minutes Remove from pan.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, lime juice, chipotle peppers and the adobo sauce. Process until smooth.
- Add the chicken back and peppers to the pan, along with the chipotle sauce. Toss until combined.
- Serve a couple of Tbs. (or more if you’re a freak like me) of the chicken mixture in each lettuce cup and garnish with scallions and avocado!