Chef #531434's Note:
I believe this came out of a Womans Day mag. My husband loves it, and you can always spice it up if you want it hotter. If you have leftover chicken this is a great and easy way to make a new dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried chile
- 2 1/2 cups chicken, shredded
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mild enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 375. F. Grease 13 X 19 baking dish.
- 2In skillet heat oil over med/high heat. Add peppers, onion, cumin and chile pepper; cook till softened. About 6 minute.
- 3Stir in chicken, 3/4 cup sauce and 1 cup cheese. Remove from heat cool slightly.
- 4Heat tortilas according to package.
- 5Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mix down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas around filling and place in baking dish.
- 6Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- 7Bake till bubbly. About 20 minute
- 8Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 627.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: