Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN--This tasty twist on the conventional club sandwich comes alive when you stir smoky, spicy-hot chipotle peppers in adobo into your favorite mayonnaise. Look for these canned, smoked jalapeno peppers in the Mexican food section of the market. These delicious sandwiches are perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Two slices of bread instead of the traditional three makes them easy to eat without sacrificing a bit of flavor.
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo (to taste)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1.23 ml freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4 slice white bread, toasted
- 118.29 ml shredded chicken, I use a rotisserie chicken
- 6 slice bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 crisp iceberg lettuce leaves
- MAKE THE SPREAD: Stir the ingredients together in a bowl.
- MAKE THE SANDWICH: Coat each slice of toast with the chipotle spread, to taste. You may have some left over. Divide the chicken between two slices of toast, placing the slices in a single layer on top of the spread. Top with the bacon slices and a single layer of tomato slices. Cover with lettuce leaves and then the remaining slices of toast, spread side down.
- Press the tops of the sandwiches down firmly. Using a serrated knife, cut through the sandwiches on the diagonal, then cut through on the diagonal in the opposite direction. Each sandwich will have 4 wedges. Place a toothpick in each of the wedges and serve.
- Add a quick side salad to make a satisfying meal.