Jessi Leigh's Note:
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN--This tasty twist on the conventional club sandwich comes alive when you stir smoky, spicy-hot chipotle peppers in adobo into your favorite mayonnaise. Look for these canned, smoked jalapeno peppers in the Mexican food section of the market. These delicious sandwiches are perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Two slices of bread instead of the traditional three makes them easy to eat without sacrificing a bit of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo (to taste)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1MAKE THE SPREAD: Stir the ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2MAKE THE SANDWICH: Coat each slice of toast with the chipotle spread, to taste. You may have some left over. Divide the chicken between two slices of toast, placing the slices in a single layer on top of the spread. Top with the bacon slices and a single layer of tomato slices. Cover with lettuce leaves and then the remaining slices of toast, spread side down.
- 3Press the tops of the sandwiches down firmly. Using a serrated knife, cut through the sandwiches on the diagonal, then cut through on the diagonal in the opposite direction. Each sandwich will have 4 wedges. Place a toothpick in each of the wedges and serve.
- 4Add a quick side salad to make a satisfying meal.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Club Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (953 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.4
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 1029.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo