Courtesy of Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats. Note: The recipe calls for omitting the black beans but I think they would be great if kept in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning
- 1/2 lb baby portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped with their juices
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 8 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta or 1 lb macaroni
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
- cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
- 1Heat a deep, large skillet or pot over high heat.
- 2Add 2 T extra-virgin olive oil and the meat.
- 3Season the meat with the grill seasoning and sear it, browning and crumbling it, for 3-5 minutes.
- 4Transfer the meat to a plate and return the pot to the stove.
- 5Reduce the heat to medium high and add the remaining tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 6Add the mushrooms and begin to brown them before adding the other veggies.
- 7After 2-3 minutes the mushrooms will begin to shrink and soften.
- 8Push the mushrooms off to one side of the pot and add all the remaining veggies to the opposite side of the pot.
- 9Once the onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic have been working for a few minutes, mix the veggies with the mushrooms.
- 10Return the meat to the pan and season with Worcestershire sauce, chipotle and cumin.
- 11Add the beer to deglaze the pot, scraping up all the pan drippings. Reduce the beer by half, 2 minutes.
- 12Add the black beans, tomatoes, stock and thyme to the chili and simmer for at least 10 minutes to let the flavors combine.
- 13While the chili simmers, cook the pasta al dente and drain.
- 14Add the cooked pasta to the chili and stir to combine.
- 15Pour the chili-mac into a 9 x 13 casserole dish and top with a mixture of smoked Gouda and Cheddar.
- 16Melt the cheeses under a hot broiler 6 inches from the heat until golden.
- 17Garnish the dish with finely chopped raw onions and chopped cilantro. (This step is optional.).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Chicken Chili Mac
Serving Size: 1 (667 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1007.7
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 189.9 mg
- Sodium 954.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 71.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick grill seasoning
chipotle chiles in adobo