Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A one-pot, family-style meal with smoky chipotle flavor. Yet to try, posted for safekeeping. From lifestyle.msn.com .
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn or 2 cups fresh whole kernel corn
- 3 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (3 ounces)
- Coat a 2-quart round casserole with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn; cook about 5 minutes or until corn begins to lightly brown.
- Add potatoes; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes longer or until potatoes begin to brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, chipotle peppers, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and the oregano.
- Remove from heat; transfer mixture to the prepared casserole.
- Wipe skillet clean, add oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
- Brown chicken in hot oil, turning once to brown both sides (about 3 minutes on each side).
- Place chicken on top of potato mixture in casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot.
Ended up throwing out the whole dish. The potatoes were mushy and the chipotle with corn potatoe mix was not a good mix. sorry but after this dish all I had was dirty dishes and had to order a pizza.
yummy, yum, yum! Definitely worth it! I used chicken thighs. Only problem I had was getting them to cook through. I had to cook them for about an hour instead of 20 min. Still turned out absolutely delicious. Oh, and I also did NOT use the hashbrowns - didn't have them anyway.