Recipe by kmergirl
I whipped these up for friends and they loved them...I hope you will too. A store bought rotisserie chicken works great or any leftover chicken meat.
Top Review by Lynda Of Virginia
I love this recipe! Easy to make and great flavor. I bake up a batch whenever I have leftover chicken and keep them in the freezer for a quick snack for my college son, on the run or even a quick and easy weeknight meal with mexican rice and beans. I bake them before freezing and it only takes about 1 min. 30 sec. in the microwave for him to heat and go. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken meat
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce, minced
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together shredded cooked chicken, salsa, chipotle peppers and cheese.
- Unfold pie crust and roll out to make slightly thinner.
- Using a 3-inch cutter, cut dough into circles; brush edges lightly with water. Place a small amount of filling in the center of each and fold over to enclose. Press edges with the tines of a fork to seal and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve with additional salsa and guacamole, if desired.