Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light November 2006
Make and share this Chipotle Chicken and Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 439.41 g can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked chicken breasts (about 1/2 pound)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Partially mash tomatoes and beans with a potato masher.
- Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in oil.
- Place 1 1/4 cups soup in each of four bowls. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons sour cream and 1 tablespoon cilantro.