Recipe by Noo
Another really simple and great tasting Weight Watchers recipe ( about 6 points, if you count them!). DH loves this!
Top Review by rickoholic83
A great meal for a cold, windy, rainy night. I cut the recipe in half, kept the garlic and chipotle per original and left out the green pepper because I don't like them cooked. This was total comfort food! Thanks for sharing Noo! Made for ***PRMR***
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken thigh, skinless, boneless and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 12 pimento stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and add the chicken, cooking until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic to the pan and cook over a medium heat until soft. Add the rice, chipotle and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the chicken, tomato sauce,water and olives, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat ans simmer, covered until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender ( about 20 minutes or so).
- Stir in the peas and heat through before serving.