This is a spicy, smoky, sweet barbecue sauce that can be used to glaze grilled meat and poultry. It may also be used for tofu! You may also serve this on the side. Adapted from Food and Wine magazine. A Mexican Spanish inspired recipe!
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring until bubbling, about 5 more minutes.
- Move the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool before you use it.
- The glaze can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!