1/1 Photo of Chipotle Cherry Barbecue Sauce
This is a spicy, smoky, sweet barbecue sauce that can be used to glaze grilled meat and poultry. It may also be used for tofu! You may also serve this on the side. Adapted from Food and Wine magazine. A Mexican Spanish inspired recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring until bubbling, about 5 more minutes.
- 3Move the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 4Transfer to a bowl and let cool before you use it.
- 5The glaze can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Cherry Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 732.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 108.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo