Recipe by Annacia
Here's a tasty way to use up left over roast or steak. It's just 20 mins start to finish.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made this with 2 cups onions, and added a very small dash of red pepper flakes, made for an awesome flavorful sandwich, with some potato chips. The chipotle really is great with this. Made for PRMR Tag
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb leftover cooked roast (trimmed of any visible fat) or 1 lb steak (trimmed of any visible fat)
- 2 cups bell pepper and onions (mix bell peppers and onion as you wish tp make 2 cups total)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper, in abodo sauce (you'll need 1 tablespoon of the abodo sauce too)
- 1 baguette, quartered and split
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add pepper-and-onion mixture and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Add thinly sliced beef and cook with the pepper mix another 5 minutes Set aside and keep warm.
- For cheese sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, whisking constantly until bubbly, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in black pepper, cheese, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce.
- Divide steaks and pepper-and-onion mixture among 4 baguette slices. Top with cheese sauce and remaining 4 bread slices.