Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a tasty way to use up left over roast or steak. It's just 20 mins start to finish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb leftover cooked roast (trimmed of any visible fat) or 1 lb steak (trimmed of any visible fat)
- 2 cups bell pepper and onions (mix bell peppers and onion as you wish tp make 2 cups total)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper, in abodo sauce (you'll need 1 tablespoon of the abodo sauce too)
- 1 baguette, quartered and split
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add pepper-and-onion mixture and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Add thinly sliced beef and cook with the pepper mix another 5 minutes Set aside and keep warm.
- For cheese sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, whisking constantly until bubbly, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in black pepper, cheese, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce.
- Divide steaks and pepper-and-onion mixture among 4 baguette slices. Top with cheese sauce and remaining 4 bread slices.
Made this with 2 cups onions, and added a very small dash of red pepper flakes, made for an awesome flavorful sandwich, with some potato chips. The chipotle really is great with this. Made for PRMR Tag
Yum, yum, yum, YUM!!
We love cheesesteaks, but add chipotle to it too, and woo hoo...it just sends it way up to another level.
Simply awesome..said DH!!
Made for PRMR..