Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for Cookgirl, a grits connoisseur!
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, mashed
- Boil water and add grits and salt.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Once thickened, remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese and chipotle pepper.
We love this, but Mr. Cookgirl loved this especially. I cheated and used Tabasco Chipotle Sauce instead of opening up a can of chipotles in adobo. This was a nice change of pace from the usual Mexican rice. White cheddar cheese is near and dear to my clogged arteries! Thanks, Impera. cg ;)