A Gourmet recipe. Accompaniments: assorted cooked vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, pearl onions, and potatoes, bread sticks cubes of day-old French, Italian, or sourdough bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb finely diced gruyere cheese
- 1/2 lb finely diced emmenthaler cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons kirsch
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste if desired (optional)
- 3 whole chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- thinly sliced scallion top
- 1In a bowl toss together cheeses and cornstarch.
- 2Rub inside of a heavy 3- to 4-quart saucepan with garlic halves, leaving garlic in pan, and add wine and lemon juice.
- 3Bring liquid just to a boil and stir in cheese mixture by handfuls.
- 4Bring mixture to a bare simmer over moderate heat, stirring, and stir in kirsch, nutmeg, chilies, and pepper to taste.
- 5Transfer fondue to a fondue pot and set over a low flame.
- 6Stir in scallions and serve fondue with accompaniments for dipping. (Stir fondue often to keep combined.).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo