A Gourmet recipe. Accompaniments: assorted cooked vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, pearl onions, and potatoes, bread sticks cubes of day-old French, Italian, or sourdough bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb finely diced gruyere cheese
- 1/2 lb finely diced emmenthaler cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1/3 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons kirsch
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste if desired (optional)
- 3 whole chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- thinly sliced scallion top
- 1In a bowl toss together cheeses and cornstarch.
- 2Rub inside of a heavy 3- to 4-quart saucepan with garlic halves, leaving garlic in pan, and add wine and lemon juice.
- 3Bring liquid just to a boil and stir in cheese mixture by handfuls.
- 4Bring mixture to a bare simmer over moderate heat, stirring, and stir in kirsch, nutmeg, chilies, and pepper to taste.
- 5Transfer fondue to a fondue pot and set over a low flame.
- 6Stir in scallions and serve fondue with accompaniments for dipping. (Stir fondue often to keep combined.).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo