Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Daughter in law made these for a special dinner, everyone loved them. Very good taste! From Cooking Light.
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 lbs cubed, peeled yukon gold potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk or 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove 1 chile and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from can.
- (more if you wish, to taste) Chop chile to measure 1 tablespoon.
- Reserve remaining chiles and adobo sauce for another use.
- Place potato and garlic in a large dutch oven, cover with water and bring to boil.
- Cook 15 minutes or until potato is tender, Drain.
- Return potato mixture to the dutch oven.
- Add chopped chile and adobo sauce, cheese, and remaining ingredients.
- Mash to desired consistency with a potato masher.
- Cook 3 minutes over medium heat or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
Wonderful tasting potatoes! Definately will be making these again.
These potatoes are absolutely delicious, I received a can of chipotle chilis in a food swap and this was the 2nd recipe I tried using them. Im hooked! Just by using the one chili gives this dish a nice kick and the cheese and garlic make it a 10 star recipe in my opinion. Very very tasty. Thanks Dorothy for sharing.
Yum! These are great! Very smokey! They need a little more salt but otherwise are great! Try them!!! Thanks for the great recipe!