Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Chipotle Cheddar Corn Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Coat the inside of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add in onion and chipotle; saute about 2 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
- Add in the flour; whisk until white bubbles form on the vegetables.
- Cook the flour for about 2 minutes, being careful not to burn the chipotle.
- Gradually add the milk and sugar and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Add in corn; stir to blend.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish; sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Preheat oven to 350°; Bake for 30 minutes, until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is golden brown; serve hot.
- Make Ahead or OAMC: after step 7—cool, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Defrost casserole in the refrigerator overnight, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350°; let casserole come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until casserole is bubbling and the cheese is golden brown; serve hot.
- Variations: Parmesan-Crusted Corn Casserole with Sun-Dried Tomatoes—substitute ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes for the chipotle and freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the cheddar.
- Green Chile Corn Casserole: substitute one 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, rinsed and drained, for the chipotles, and substitute pepper Jack cheese for the cheddar.
- Creamy Herbed Corn Casserole: omit the chipotle and add 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon to the onion while sautéing; substitute either shredded Gruyere or sliced Brie cheese for the cheddar.