Recipe by Derf
This catsup is excellent served with bbq anything--especially good with steak fries. From B H & G.
- 4 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 dried chipotle chiles, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter tomatoes.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, and peppers in a large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling, stirring often, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Press tomato mixture through sieve.
- Return strained mixture to a saucepan and bring just to boiling,reduce heat.
- simmer, uncovered, for 45 to 60 minutes or until reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, vinegar, marjoram, and salt.
- Simmer and stir, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until thickened.