1/1 Photo of Chipotle Butternut Venison Chili
I was looking for a recipe to use up a butternut squash that was given to me and decided to go out on my own and make a chili. This has a nice amount of heat with the chipotle and no gamey taste. My kids (4 and 19m) gobbled it up with the addition of sour cream, shredded cheddar and a glass of milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb lean beef
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- 3Mix the butternut squash with olive oil, spread out on pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Set aside.
- 5Brown meat with green pepper, onion and garlic until no longer pink.
- 6Add diced tomatoes, Rotel, black beans, cumin, chili powder, chipotle pepper and salt.
- 7Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 8Add butternut squash and simmer another 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Butternut Venison Chili
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 980.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo