Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am a chipotle addict and this is so simple and delicious. Use it in Sauce Batarde rather than plain butter to make a spicy, smoky sauce...
- Puree chipotles and all sauce in processor.
- Make sure to scrape the bowl to get unprocessed parts well pureed.
- Add softened butter.
- Process until creamy.
- Place in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Soften mixture until it is very soft and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Don't overheat the butter/chipotle combination, it will break and not come back together.
- (Use a double boiler or bain marie if you must to make sure it doesn't get too warm.).
- Pour softened mixture into a fine chinoise. Let drain, gently pushing contents up the sides of the sieve, not pressing.
- After the mixture has gone through the chinois, there should be about 2 T of seeds and skins in the bottom. Discard these.
- This can be used in Sauce Batarde or just by itself on bread, fish or eating with a spoon.
- It will keep very well in the freezer, if covered tightly.