Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
In 'The Book of Burger' by Rachael Ray
Make and share this Chipotle Burgers With Nacho Top recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄4 lb smoky bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pureed chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated onions
- kosher salt
- vegetable oil
- 6 burger rolls, split
3-Cheese Queso Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated manchego cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- crispy tortilla chips (blue, yellow or multigrain)
- minced red onion
- chopped cilantro
- chopped seeded tomatoes
- pickled jalapeno pepper
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over med-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, bacon, chipotle puree, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and grated onion (grate it right over the bowl so the juices fall into the meat); season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Score the mixture into 6 equal portions and form them into patties slightly thinner at the center than at the edges for even cooking.
- Drizzle the patties with a little oil.
- Cook the burgers 5 minutes on each side for medium.
- While the burgers are cooking, make the queso sauce-melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and bring up to a bubble.
- Simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in all the cheeses.
- Place the burgers on the roll bottoms and top with queso sauce, chips, and other toppings of choice.
- Set the roll tops in place.