Recipe by Rita~
I like to ground my own beef. Just take slightly frozen beef cubes and process in a food blender till ground! It works like a charm.Then you know what is in your ground beef.
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 lb fresh ground beef
- 8 ounces salsa
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled crosswise sliced in 1 to 2 inch rings
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill on HIGH for 10 minute Mix peppers, 2 ounces salsa, and beef together then formed into four 1/2 inch thick burgers. Rub outside of patties with oil.
- Coat grill lightly with vegetable oil.
- Brush onion slices with olive oil and season with salt & pepper, sear on grill 1-2 min each side, remove and set aside. Grill rolls, cut side down 30 seconds; remove and set aside.
- Sear meat on grill, about 2 min, until meat has changed color about one-quarter way up from bottom. Turn over. Sear 1 to 3 minute.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM (for most burgers) or LOW (for burgers thicker than 1 inch); close lid.
- Cook burgers to 160 degrees internal temperature. Check by inserting digital thermometer halfway into thickest part of burger.
- Top with cheese; close lid. Grill until cheese starts to melt, 1 minute. Place each burger on rolls topped with 2 tsp salsa, grilled onion rings.