Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like to ground my own beef. Just take slightly frozen beef cubes and process in a food blender till ground! It works like a charm.Then you know what is in your ground beef.
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 lb fresh ground beef
- 8 ounces salsa
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled crosswise sliced in 1 to 2 inch rings
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls
- Preheat grill on HIGH for 10 minute Mix peppers, 2 ounces salsa, and beef together then formed into four 1/2 inch thick burgers. Rub outside of patties with oil.
- Coat grill lightly with vegetable oil.
- Brush onion slices with olive oil and season with salt & pepper, sear on grill 1-2 min each side, remove and set aside. Grill rolls, cut side down 30 seconds; remove and set aside.
- Sear meat on grill, about 2 min, until meat has changed color about one-quarter way up from bottom. Turn over. Sear 1 to 3 minute.
- Reduce heat to MEDIUM (for most burgers) or LOW (for burgers thicker than 1 inch); close lid.
- Cook burgers to 160 degrees internal temperature. Check by inserting digital thermometer halfway into thickest part of burger.
- Top with cheese; close lid. Grill until cheese starts to melt, 1 minute. Place each burger on rolls topped with 2 tsp salsa, grilled onion rings.
This is fantastic! The kids loved it. I used ground turkey and one chipotle (threw the chile, salsa, and turkey into food processor to blend). Thanks for sharing!
Fantastic Burgers, packed with flavors and very easy to prepare. As with the other reviewers, I was worried that the patties would fall apart during cooking due to the salsa, but that didn't happen. The burgers cooked marvelously. Served it with a side of fries topped with cheese and a spicy mayo dip. Will be making this again!
Really really good!