Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend recently made a batchof Mague's Chipotle Chutney and I thought how wonderful it would be on a bruschetta with tomato & Monteray Jack cheese. This is the result. The recipe for Mague's Chutney is Mague's Chipotle De Huasteca (chipotle Chutney) but you may substitute Chipoltle in Adobo sauce. Watch how much chipotle you use it can be very hot. I sometimes cut the cheese in little stick instead of grating it Serve as an appetizer.
- 12 slices French baguettes (1/2 inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons chipotle chutney or 6 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- Paint one side of the baguette slices with olive oil , place oil side up on a cookie sheet and toast in a 300F oven until lightly browned, flip & just dry the bottom side.
- A head of time chop your tomatoes, finely chop the chipotle peppers and grate your cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- 20 minutes before serving assemble the Bruschettas.
- Evenly distribute the tomatoes on the 12 slices, top with apprx 1 tsp chpotlr and cheese.
- Place in 350f oven for apprx 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. I like to turn on the broiler for the last minute or two.