Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Chipotle gives this soup quite a kick, but also an excellent, smokey flavor. Zucchini and chia seeds add micronutrients as well.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 5 1⁄2 ounces spicy hot V8 (1 can)
- 4 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 15 stems cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 8 ounces plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- Combine ingredients in blender or food processor and blend on high for easiest and smoothest soup. For those that want a few more identifiable chunks, hold back one can of beans and some of the veggies, adding them for just a few seconds of low speed blending. Pour into soup pan. Heat over medium heat until hot. Garnish with more yogurt and green onions.