Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in a magazine while at a chemotherapy session with my wife. The nurse, my wife and I all had the same reaction to the picture. I have not made it yet, but I did not want to lose it.
- 3 (1318.25 g) can black beans
- 1 chipotle sauce from 1 7 oz can chipotle chile in adobo
- 9.85 ml sauce from 1 7 oz can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- in bowl of blender, add 1 can black beans, chicken broth, chipotle and sauce. puree until smooth, about 30 seconds, set aside.
- heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- add onions and peppers, cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- add garlic and cumin, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- add puree mixture and remaining black beans. bring mixture to a boil.
- reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally until soup thickens and flavors come together, about 10 minutes.
- top with sour cream, tomatoes and cilantro once in bowls.