Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light's Superfast Suppers. One of five ways to use Chipotle Black Bean Chili.
Make and share this Chipotle Black Bean Chili Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chipotle black bean chili (from Chipotle Black Bean Chili)
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion and 1/8 t. salt. Mix well with your hands.
- Shape into four patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook patties to desired doneness. I prefer to grill mine for about 3-4 minutes per side. You can also fry them in a skillet or broil.
- While patties are cooking, toast buns.
- Place chili in a microwave safe container and add remaining salt. Stir. cover and heat on high power for about 2 minutes.
- When burgers are cooked. Place bottom bun on each plate. Top with a patty and spoon 1/4 cup chili over the top. Add about 1 T. shredded cheese to each burger.
- Place top of bun on each burger.