Recipe by KelBel
A smoky vegetarian chili recipe.
Top Review by windhorse23
I've made this dish twice, which in itself is a rarity for me. Each time I made it I told myself I need to remember how good it is. I stuck pretty closely to the recipe as written, with the exception of the fact that I added a can of hominy. Very tasty and very easy. Well done, KelBel.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml finely chopped onion
- 6 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 4.92 ml adobo sauce (from the chipotle chile)
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 127.57 g canchopped green chilies, drained
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add chili powder and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle into individual serving bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired.