1/2 Photos of Chipotle Black Bean Chili
A smoky vegetarian chili recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from the chipotle chile)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add chili powder and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Ladle into individual serving bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo