1/2 Photos of Chipotle Black Bean Chili
A smoky vegetarian chili recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from the chipotle chile)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add chili powder and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Ladle into individual serving bowls and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo