Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from Cooking Lights Superfast Suppers cookbook. Serve this as chili or use this to make 4 other meals.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies, undrained
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder, chipotle chili, pepper, salt, black beans, tomatoes and chiles. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.
- Stir once in a while so it doesn't stick.
- Makes 12 cups.