Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
You can roll these in advance,top with a damp paper towel for a party and remember,no one can eat just one!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb roast beef
- 1 large potato, grated
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper flakes
- garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 (30 count) package corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Brown hamburger over medium heat for 5 minutes.Strain out the grease. Stir in potato's,onion,jalapeno,garlic salt and chipotle dust and cook for another 2-3 minutes.Remove beef mixture from heat and place mixture in a cool bowl.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and pour in a enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.(You will have to do this more than once.) Place tortilla in the skillet one at a time and push down with a fork,about 10-15 seconds,then remove from pan and place them on a paper towel.No need to flip the tortilla because to place the next one on top of the last one.
- To roll the Taquitos, place a spoonful of the beef mixture on one side of the tortilla,roll and secure witha toothpick.Drop the Taquitos into the oil cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve immediately with sour cream,salsa or avocado dip.