Round steak gets a Mexican make-over with the addition of a tasty chipotle marinade that delivers just the right amount of kick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef round steak, cut into 4 pieces
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery seed, crushed slightly
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile, ground (or more, if you like)
- 1Place beef in bottom on a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2Top beef pieces evenly with the onion rings and green pepper rings.
- 3In a bowl, mix together the ketchup, water, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, celery seed and ground chipotle chile.
- 4Pour the sauce over the beef and vegetables, trying to cover beef as much as possible.
- 5Place baking dish in oven and roast at 350° for 45-60 minutes, or until beef is done and vegetables are soft. If beef dries out during cooking, spoon some of the pan sauce over the beef.
- 6Serve beef with roasted vegetables on top, and spoon more pan sauce over each serving if you like.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Beef Steak
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 714.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak