Adapted from "Southwest Grill"
Make and share this Chipotle-Barbecued Shrimp with Goat Cheese Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 can chipotle chile in adobo, coarsely chopped,plus
- 1⁄4 cup adobo seasoning, from the can
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Goat cheese cream
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 pinch salt
- In a blender, combine the chilies, adobo, lime, juice, orange juice, tequila, ketchup, sugar, molasses, salt and pepper.
- In a shallow nonreactive dish, combine the chipotle mixture and the shrimp.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature, stirring once or twice, for 30 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients to make the goat cheese cream.
- Light the grill to medium hot.
- Position the rack to about 6 inches above the heat source.
- Lift the shrimp from the marinade and reserve the liquid.
- Put them on 4 large metal skewers and lay them on the rack after oiling it.
- Baste with some of the marinade, cover and grill, turning 3 times and basting at each turn with some of the marinade, for a total of 6 minutes.
- The shrimp should be pink, curled and moist.
- Slide the shrimp off their skewers and onto a platter or individual appetizer plates.
- Drizzle with the goat cheese cream and serve immediately.