1/1 Photo of Chipotle-Barbecued Shrimp with Goat Cheese Cream
Kirstin in the Couv's Note:
Adapted from "Southwest Grill"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can chipotle chile in adobo, coarsely chopped,plus
- 1/4 cup adobo seasoning, from the can
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Goat cheese cream
- 1In a blender, combine the chilies, adobo, lime, juice, orange juice, tequila, ketchup, sugar, molasses, salt and pepper.
- 2In a shallow nonreactive dish, combine the chipotle mixture and the shrimp.
- 3Cover and let stand at room temperature, stirring once or twice, for 30 minutes.
- 4Combine the rest of the ingredients to make the goat cheese cream.
- 5Light the grill to medium hot.
- 6Position the rack to about 6 inches above the heat source.
- 7Lift the shrimp from the marinade and reserve the liquid.
- 8Put them on 4 large metal skewers and lay them on the rack after oiling it.
- 9Baste with some of the marinade, cover and grill, turning 3 times and basting at each turn with some of the marinade, for a total of 6 minutes.
- 10The shrimp should be pink, curled and moist.
- 11Slide the shrimp off their skewers and onto a platter or individual appetizer plates.
- 12Drizzle with the goat cheese cream and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle-Barbecued Shrimp with Goat Cheese Cream
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 632.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo