Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a nice, simple chipotle sauce...this amount is enough for a slab of ribs or one whole cut-up chicken. Slap it on during the last few minutes of grilling, if done sooner, it may blacken and burn quickly.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine olive oil, garlic powder, chipotle chile powder and cumin.
- Allow to heat through, while stirring, for 1 minute. Add red wine and brown sugar. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly before using.
- * grill ribs, pork, chicken, etc., until almost cooked and then brush on the sauce, turning constantly, until glazed and smells really good.
I used minced garlic and chipotles flakes for powder. The red wine I used was Madeira. I would have liked a little more sweetness to counteract the wine and vinegar for it was tangy but good! Thanks!