Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This fun recipe is great on a grill out in the summer sun.
Make and share this Chipotle Barbecue Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 4 large potato buns, toasted
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard powder, honey and vinegar. Add all 3 peppers, then toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chipotle peppers, barbecue sauce and garlic. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, then mix well.
- Divide the ground beef mixture into quarters. One at a time, form each quarter into a cup in the palm of your hand. Add 1/4 cup of the cheese and a sprinkling of the black olives to the center of each cup, then push the beef over it to completely cover the cheese. Carefully form the beef into a patty.
- Coat the grill grates with oil. Grill the burgers to the desired doneness.
- Top the bottom half of each potato bun with some of the pepper slaw, then a burger, then a slice of tomato.