Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This fun recipe is great on a grill out in the summer sun.
Make and share this Chipotle Barbecue Cheeseburgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 4 large potato buns, toasted
- 1 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard powder, honey and vinegar. Add all 3 peppers, then toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chipotle peppers, barbecue sauce and garlic. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, then mix well.
- Divide the ground beef mixture into quarters. One at a time, form each quarter into a cup in the palm of your hand. Add 1/4 cup of the cheese and a sprinkling of the black olives to the center of each cup, then push the beef over it to completely cover the cheese. Carefully form the beef into a patty.
- Coat the grill grates with oil. Grill the burgers to the desired doneness.
- Top the bottom half of each potato bun with some of the pepper slaw, then a burger, then a slice of tomato.
Everything in this recipe ended up far too wet. The pepper slaw turned out runny and the burgers fell apart. However, everyone seemed to really like the idea and flavors and I will definitely tweak and try again at some point. I have some ideas.... I personally thought everything was too spicy but stuff got eaten, and you do have the recipe in the Spicy category, after all. I did not serve this on buns, but the slaw was still a great base for the burgers.