Recipe by muffinlady
Mildly spicy cornbread
Top Review by OneYetTwo
I really liked this corn bread. The play between sweet and spicy was fantastic. I made it in a round 8" dish because I had nothing else on hand. Also I love how you find the little nuggets of bacon through out. It was a big hit at dinner tonight. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chipolte pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- in small bowl beat 2 eggs.
- Add and beat well milk, butter, honey.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients combine only.
- Stir in cooked crumbled bacon and minced Chipotle pepper in adobe sauce.
- Pour into greased 9 inch pan bake 400* 20 minutes.