1/1 Photo of Chipotle Bacon Cornbread
In this recipe adapted from Cooking Light, bacon and chipotle chiles give corn bread double the smokiness to offset the buttermilk's tang. Would make a delicious addition to a corn bread stuffing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, cumin, and baking soda.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and chiles, then gradually whisk in the melted butter.
- 4Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- 5Fold in the cooked and crumbled bacon.
- 6Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake at 425 degrees F until a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- 7Transfer pan from oven to a wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Bacon Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 522.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo