Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm on a chipotle kick! Recipe from Tabasco.
- 7 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, and when cool, crumble and set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 teaspoons of the bacon drippings, and cook onions in drippings about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Combine beans, TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce, sugar, onions and bacon in a casserole dish, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat beans in a 300°F oven for 30 minutes or covered over a low grill.
These were ok. Not bad, but I probably wouldn't make them again.