Recipe by Sharon123
Liven up your dessert with a kick of heat! Adapted from Better Homes & Gardens magazine.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this was pretty good, not sure if I like the chipotle powder added to the cake though, I used 1/2 teaspoon, for our taste this cake would have been awesome without it added, funny I love that spice in other foods, thanks Sharon!
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 7.39 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46-4.92 ml dried chipotle powder (optional)
- 3.69 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 354.88 ml vegetable oil
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, diced (sweet-tart)
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans, toasted
Spicy Caramel Glaze
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground chipotle chile pepper (optional)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 325°F; lightly coat a 10" fluted tube pan with cooking spray; lightly sprinkle with flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the 3 cups flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, chipotle powder(if using), ginger, white pepper, salt, and cloves; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat oil and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and as much flour mixture as you can. Stir in remaining flour mixture, apples, and pecans. Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake 1 1/4 hours at 325°F, until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; invert on rack. Place rack over baking sheet. Drizzle warm cake with the glaze, respooning glaze that drips on baking sheet over the cake. Cool completely before serving.
- To make glaze:.
- In a saucepan combine the brown sugar, butter, whipping cream and chipotle pepper (if using). Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil gently 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and let stand 1 1/4 hours until slightly thickened. Drizzle over the warm cake. Enjoy!