1/1 Photo of Chipa Guazú- Corn Pancake from Paraguay
The paraguay corn pie chipa guazu is a popular american side dish that is popular in to the international cuisine too. Chipa Guazú is very much like the Sopa Paraguaya, only it is creamier. And the Chipa Guazú has lots of onions in it. Adapted for ZWT7 from: http://www.foodofsouthamerica.com/chipa-guazu-recipe.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pan, put the oil, when it is hot, add the onions, let them fry for some minutes, then add the milk, and let it cook some eight minutes and transfer in a big bowl.
- 2Grate the corn grains or blend it only shortly. They still should have some texture.
- 3Add the cheese in the bowl (cut into very thin slices), then the beaten eggs, the corn , the salt and the pepper and beat thoroughly. This dough is rather liquid. Check the salt to taste.
- 4Put this mixture into a greased pan, and take it to a 180º C (350°F) pre heated oven, until it is golden on top (will take abaout 45 minutes).
- 5Let this stand for five minutes and cut in pieces before serving it.
- 6Note: I used a 25-35 cm pan. Cooking time is depending from the size of your mold!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipa Guazú- Corn Pancake from Paraguay
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.9
- Calories from Fat 726
- Total Fat 80.6 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 429.5 mg
- Sodium 556.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: