Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
cheesy,spicy, and versatile...why not try it?
- 2 lbs loaf Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb sausage (hot or mild...your choice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (hot or mild...your choice)
- brown sausage and drain.
- cube velveeta and melt in medium sized pot on stovetop or in a bowl in the microwave-- stir to avoid scorching.
- when cheese is melted, add rotel tomatoes (i sometimes whirl these through the blender first) and sausage.
- stir and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- serve warm/hot with corn chips.
This was one of my appetizers for Christmas. We all loved it but I think the full 2 lbs of Velveeta was overpowering. I think next time I'll use less cheese and hot sausage. It's definately a recipe to keep!
I used chicken sausage with chopped spinach, it is very flavorable. removed casings, chopped fine and cooked. Very good recipe and a starter for great meals to come, you could add so many ingredients to it for any kind of meal! Thanks for posting!
Who doesn't love velvetta dip? =) I have tried many varations...but adding sausage along with the rotel tomatoes gave it a new and different spin. I used mild this time, but definitely want to try it with spicy too. I did drain & rinse the pork sausage before adding to the dip. Thanks kdp!