Recipe by McNealman345
You know when you get the craving for salt and vinegar chip and you eat about half a bag, then your done. I hate waste, so I came up with this recipe to get rid of the rest of the chips. I am trying to eat healthier and eating more fish, but the only fish I really like is the oilier ones like salmon. I'm also trying to steer clear of frying, so here is a baked white fish that is very tasty.
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (you wouldn't think this is need, because the chips are already salted, but it really does)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed potato chips (salt & vinegar flavored)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease baking sheet or if using non stick, omit greasing.
- I didn't list this in the ingredient list, but I soak the fish in Butter Milk for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together Eggs, Butter Milk (fresh, don't use the milk that you soaked the fish in), Hot Sauce and Black Pepper in a shallow dish (I use pie pans). Place dredging Flour in another dish and Chips in a third dish.
- Dredge fish in Flour, shake off excess. Dredge in Egg mixture, shake off excess. Dredge in Chips, pat onto fish to form nice crust. Place fish on baking sheet. Let rest at room temp for at least 10 minutes. This helps crust to adhere to fish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish is just done (time depends on the size of the filets). Let rest of 5 minute and then serve. Excellent with lemon steamed broccoli and baked sweet potatoes.