Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's all in the title...What more can be said?! :)
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients, Blend till moistened, then beat on low speed till smooth, but do not overbeat.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased/floured 9x13" pan.
- Combine crumb ingredients and blend until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle half of crumb mixture on batter.
- Pour on remaining batter, then top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or scoops of ice cream, if desired.
- ***Thiscake freezes well.
What can I say!!! This was amazing. We loved it, especially the kids. It was so easy to prepare and the cake was so moist and delicious. I love the idea of putting the crumb mixture through the middle of the cake. SilentCricket, you have an amazing recipe here. Thank you for sharing it with all of us Zaar folks.
Very easy to make, especially with my two girls Helping. A nice moist cake.
This cake was well named, because it is truly delicious. Most dressed up cake mix cakes taste like... well, a dressed up cake mix. This was really good & I don't think anyone would've guessed it wasn't "from scratch". I got requests for this recipe.