This recipe was featured in an email this morning from the www.hersheys.com website.
My Private Note
8 x 8 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (or margarine, softened)
- 1/3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package unsweetened chocolate chips (recipe actually calls for HERSHEY'S Sugar Free Chocolate Chips)
- 1/2 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spreads or oil)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Grease 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- 2Beat butter and brown sugar blend in large bowl until well blended. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- 3Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Stir the remaining chips and nuts into batter. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 4Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cake begins to pull from sides of pan, toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and surface is lightly browned. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack. (As it cools the center will look underbaked.).
- 5Place reserved 2 tablespoons chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at at time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Drizzle melted chocolate over surface of cake; allow to set. Cut into bars. About 24 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chip and Nut Blondie Cake Bars
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened chocolate chips