Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Asian and Latin ingredients fuse to bring you a tasty quick dinner delight.
Make and share this Chino Latino Stir Fry Steak Encebollado recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g round steak, cut in strips for stir fry
- 118.29 ml hoisin sauce
- 14.78 ml minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml lemon juice or 44.37 ml goya bitter orange marinade or 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce or 29.58 ml Braggs liquid aminos
- 9.85 ml sesame seeds
- 1.23 ml ground oregano
- 2.46 ml adobo seasoning or 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 59.16 ml olives or 59.16 ml vegetable oil
- Combine hoisin, ginger, garlic, bitter orange, soy sauce, sesame seeds, ground oregano and adobo in medium bowl and pour over beef.
- Make sure beef is completely covered with marinade and marinate in a covered bowl for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Cut green and red bell peppers in thin strips, and put aside. Peel and chop onion into thin wheels.
- Heat a large pan on medium low heat. Pour in 2 tbsp of oil, add vegetables and stir.
- Pour 1 tbsp of vinegar over the vegetables. Mix well and saute until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Use remaining 2 tbsp of oil back in pan or wok. Increase heat to medium high and add marinated beef.
- Pour 4-5 cups of water to the liquid where the meat was marinating. Increase heat to high. Whenever the liquid in the pan dries, add 1 or 2 cooking spoonfuls of the marinating liquid. This prevent the meat from burning.
- Continue to stir fry beef until fully cooked and pour onions & peppers mixture over beef, cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with white jasmine rice and stewed beans.