Karina A's Note:
Asian and Latin ingredients fuse to bring you a tasty quick dinner delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb round steak, cut in strips for stir fry
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons goya bitter orange marinade or 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olives or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Combine hoisin, ginger, garlic, bitter orange, soy sauce, sesame seeds, ground oregano and adobo in medium bowl and pour over beef.
- 2Make sure beef is completely covered with marinade and marinate in a covered bowl for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- 3Cut green and red bell peppers in thin strips, and put aside. Peel and chop onion into thin wheels.
- 4Heat a large pan on medium low heat. Pour in 2 tbsp of oil, add vegetables and stir.
- 5Pour 1 tbsp of vinegar over the vegetables. Mix well and saute until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 6Use remaining 2 tbsp of oil back in pan or wok. Increase heat to medium high and add marinated beef.
- 7Pour 4-5 cups of water to the liquid where the meat was marinating. Increase heat to high. Whenever the liquid in the pan dries, add 1 or 2 cooking spoonfuls of the marinating liquid. This prevent the meat from burning.
- 8Continue to stir fry beef until fully cooked and pour onions & peppers mixture over beef, cook for 1 minute.
- 9Serve with white jasmine rice and stewed beans.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chino Latino Stir Fry Steak Encebollado
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 1155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: