Recipe by Barb G.
This economical main dish can be baked a little quicker if you prefer. Try 375 degrees for 1 hour if you are in a hurry. This recipe comes from the Garlic Lovers Cookbook. Gilroy,CA the garlic capital of the world.
Top Review by Saeriu
I made this recipe substituting a lime and added a little brown sugar since I was out of honey. They turned out OK...I think there was something missing...maybe fresh ginger? Also my sauce didn't thicken but maybe that's because I used the 'quick' method. Next time I used the quick method I would cut the water down by 1/3-1/4 cup. Otherwise good. Thanks for the recipe!
- 3 -4 lbs chicken wings
- salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tips from chicken wings and reserve for another use.
- Cut remaining wings in half at joint.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Put in ungreased,shallow baking pan in single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix together in a small jar the remaining ingredients; cover and shake well.
- Pour over wings.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 2 hours at 325 degrees.
- Remove foil, reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue baking another 30 minutes, basting with drippings every 10 minutes.
- When wings are brown remove and drain on papper towels.
- Serve hot or cold.